Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sing a Song

I came home to the best sound ever today...Maggie singing along with Daddy to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I particularly like her rendition "...like a diaper in the sky...". All of a sudden one day she started singing whole songs and it amazes me. Yesterday I heard her in her playroom putting toys away and singing "Clean up,clean up, everybody clean up". Apparently this is a daycare song that I need to learn.

I realized last week how much she is learning at daycare that I have no idea about when I was scrambling for a bedtime lullaby and starting humming the chicken dance. She looked at me puzzled, as if she couldn't believe I knew that song. When I was done she said "more chicken dance?" And since there is only so many consecutive chicken dances one can possibly hum before wanting to shoot oneself in the head, I had to do a little Rock a Bye Baby mash up.

So now our bedtime routine is a little unconventional. It starts with "chicken dance?", then "baby?", followed by "more chicken dance?", then "baby"...and on and on it goes for about 5 rounds when she finally gives me the glazed over stare, I ask if she's ready for bed and she nods her head and says "binky kiss?".

And I kiss her binky as if she's the Goddaughter.

No comments: