Maggie decided at 11 months, 3 weeks it might be time for her to crawl. Forget the fact that she is practically walking, I think she feels like she must go through the crawling stage in order to be a complete 1 year old. Sort of like the executive who worked his or her way up from the mailroom vs. the one who's never been anything but. When Maggie is a high-falutin' walker she can look back on her crawling days and say "I remember when..."
Check out her duathlon video on our picture site: http://www.dropshots.com/Crawdaddye#date/2008-04-21/19:23:38
Notice her seamless movement from walking to crawling WHILE talking. And notice how she's saying dada when it's mama who's operating the camera. Genius in motion...
There are also hints of language that might actually mean something. Even though Erik would like to think she says dada constantly we're pretty sure just da means "what's that" or "give me that" or something to THAT effect. And na na seems to mean more...when she was up at 1 AM last night (adorable, I know) and I was giving her some water to drink, in her sweetest voice she said na na in between sips so I would not take it away. And when she ate all of my butternut squash tonight, as soon as she was finished with what was in front of her all I heard was NA NA. The sacrifices I make.
Back to the 1 AM wake up...me being the lover of sleep that I am put her in our bed hoping and praying that she would fall asleep and I could sneak her back into her crib once she did. What actually happened was she flipped and flopped around for 30 minutes while saying "eh" and "da da"...which of course MEANT da da but he'll tell you she was just saying "what's that".
Selective interpretation I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment