Monday, June 23, 2008

It's On

This weekend I saw the beginning of mini-tantrums from my angelic daughter. She's testing me, I just know it and I'm afraid she might win!

It all started on Saturday when we were in her playroom and there are 2 things she knows she cannot touch in there...the ipod docking station and the wall outlet which are right next to each other. So I turn around to find her with one hand on the wall outlet and the other on the ipod just smiling at me. Don't laugh I tell myself, try distraction to diffuse the situation. This time it works...but this little girl knows what she's doing.

At Gramma's house on Sunday she is a handful. Going through Gramma's cabinets and taking out glass jars, soda cans, etc., banging my keys against the glass door, trying to walk down steps that she doesn't know how to walk down and on and on and on. And each time I remove her from the situation she had a mini-meltdown.

I guess this is good preparation for the dreaded terrible two year(s) I keep telling myself. But isn't it a little early? Doesn't she know I haven't gotten to that chapter in the book yet? Or maybe she does and she's just that smart. Typical Maggie, always waiting for the moment you're not paying attention...

No comments: