Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Monumental Achievements

It's official...I'm calling it...time of walk: 13 months, 2 weeks.


Although Maggie has been taking steps here and there for weeks now, this week she has changed her primary mode of transportation to walking. She has an interesting walking style, not unlike most toddlers, where she marches and is fairly unsteady, while holding her arms up by her head, huge grin on her face and screeching the entire time. It's as if she cannot contain her happiness and all she knows how to do is screech.

She is also talking more than ever too. I can't say I get a word of it since it sounds like she's speaking Mandarin but she'll say something and look at you like she's waiting for a response and unfortunately most of the time I got nothing. I do a lot of "yeah, that's right..." and so on. So in addition to Da Da, Ball and Buh-Bye, according Erik yesterday she said "Baby" when she saw the baby on her yogurt container and lost her mind and said "Ma Ma" everytime a picture of me came up on our digital frame. OK, maybe she didn't actually lose her mind, but she did have a reaction which is more than I've gotten from her in 13 months. I never thought a 1 year old could affect my self esteem so much.

I wish I could freeze these moments, I just can't imagine it getting any better than this. Maybe I'll just run around the house and screech to release my excitement.

No comments: