Monday, July 14, 2008

BUH bye

The favorite part of seeing people for Maggie is having the opportunity to say bye to them. She doesn't really get that the visit is the good part, she just enjoys them leaving. Usually after they are in the car she'll repeatedly say "buh bye, BUH bye, BUH BYE" each one more dramatic than the last as if she's Bette Davis. I expect to turn around and see her in gloves up to her elbows with a cigarette holder in between her fingers.

Well now it seems that she's now added blowing kisses to her repertoire. I don't recall teaching her how to blow kisses but when Erik left for work this morning she did her normal, dramatic buh-bye followed by several hands to the face and then "MWAH" as she took it away. I didn't realize she could be MORE over the top but she has found a way.

She also seems to have no problem with self esteem. As I was following her up the stairs tonight, she kept saying "goo gaa" which I can only translate to good girl as I noticed I said that a lot as she was climbing. She belted a final "GOO GAA" as she summited and walked very purposefully into her room, sat down, read a few books (yes, she read them to herself and really did not seem to want me involved), stood outside of her crib just waiting for me to put her in there.

I guess I can't complain, you don't really get an easier bedtime routine than that. Except for when you see her eye the door and then you to see if you're paying attention, and if you're slightly off your game she will make a run for it trying to get to the stairs before you do, laughing the entire way.

And by the way...she is QUICK! I hope she never discovers why we don't want her going down the stairs head first.

No comments: