On the flip side to the previous post where it is possible that I may have mischaracterized Maggie just a little...
I can't believe how sweet Maggie is sometimes. There is nothing better than walking in the house after a long day at work and hearing her at the gate at the top of the stairs screaming for me. As I get closer she squeals, helps me open the gate and slams it behind me. Then those little arms reach up for me and every little stress of the day is gone. Let's not get too crazy though. She tends to wait at the gate at random times just hoping someone will come over so they would probably get the same reaction.
The other night the 3 of us were playing and wrestling around and all of a sudden Maggie was beside herself in tears apparently convinced Erik was hurting me. I have never seen her "protective" of me and I have to say it felt pretty good! My daily guilt of sending her to daycare everyday subsides just a little when I see that she is still attached to me in some way despite the fact that she does not see me for most of the day. Not that the guilt isn't still there, it's just nice to have confirmation that she likes me, she really likes me.
I wish I had a picture of her sleeping last night but of course we left our camera at Gramma and Pap's last weekend. Of course the biggest picture taking week of the year for us when we have a patio being built and want to take pictures of the progress, but I digress. She was flat on her back with her blanket around her with her arms behind her head, smiling.
So content...it doesn't get better than that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment