Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Weekly Wrap Up

Since my busy job has been getting in the way of my blogging I figured I'd just do a weekly wrap up:

Saturday: I finally saw "Sex and the City" and I swear I cried at least 4 times and, trust me, this movie is not a tear jerker. What is it about motherhood that has made me such a sap? One time was only because a 3 year old in the movie laughed. So of course my mind went to Maggie's laugh which, of course, made me cry. Then Charlotte had a baby and named her Rose and Maggie's middle name is Rose so I, of course...cried.

Sunday: We watched the last interview with Randy Pausch, the Carnegie Mellon professor/amazing speaker who recently died of pancreatic cancer. Now THIS was a tear jerker and I have vowed to never take anyone in my life for granted anymore. With his wife and 3 young kids he never wallowed in self pity, he just enjoyed every minute of every day he had. I am taking a lesson from him…and enjoy more than anything just sitting back and watching Erik and Maggie play together. There is something about their relationship that I will never have with her. And that is fine with me; I cherish that about them.

Monday: Maggie has her first adult throw up experience. I was able to test my theory on whether I would throw up if I ever had to clean up someone else's. Apparently when it is my child I can be showered in it and it doesn’t matter. And, in case you were wondering, yes, I was. Apparently she wasn’t done when I picked her up.

So we do the hurry up and change the sheets, clean the floor, clean ME routine, put her back down where she immediately falls fast asleep and seems fine. 15 minutes later…2nd verse same as the first.
I put her in the guest bed while we do the same routine all over again and something about her little listless body in that big bed with her eyes wide open just looking like she had no idea what was going on was both heartbreaking and adorable at the same time. I wonder what she was thing…probably the same thing we all do when we are sick. Throwing up SUCKS.

So I decide I will sleep with her the rest of the night…or not. This kid tosses and turns more than a Mexican jumping bean. She finally kicked me off the bed and I was out…Maggie, back in your crib, Mommy, back in bed.

She slept fine the rest of the night and has been fine all week.

Tuesday: Aunt Jen and Uncle Bruce bought a house! And this is Maggie’s dream house. Swing set in the back, kids everywhere, everything our neighborhood does not have. I expect her first full sentence to be “can I live with Aunt Jen?”

Wednesday: Maggie knows the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star! When it came on tonight she sang the line after “how I wonder what you are”…in her softest sweetest voice she looked at me and sang “up above” then stopped as if she was embarrassed. I can’t describe it, but hearing her use something she learned in the proper context was groundbreaking for me. She’s a genius! In my opinion of course.

That’s it for now…it’s been a rather exciting week in the Crawford house. By my standards at least.

No comments: