I had to stop and just look at Maggie today on our way out the door. There she was standing in front of me in her khaki colored "trench coat", gold bracelet (that she stole off my wrist), keys and Blackberry ready to go to "school". But as if that wasn't enough, she kept crying "more? more? more?"...OH...I forgot...you need your binky. The little businesswoman still needs her binky.
It has been an amazing month with Maggie talking more and more everyday. Sometimes I forget we are not having real conversations. She talks in full gibberish sentences and looks at you for a response, it feels as if you are really communicating. And she is starting to put 2 and 3 real words together to make (fragmented) sentences. Yesterday morning as Erik was leaving for work she yelled "DaDa" and he yelled "Bye Moo" all the way until she heard him walk out the door. Then she said quietly "Bye Bye Da Da" and went on to eat her pancake.
I realized just how much she gets it today when she was going through the bowl in our entryway where we keep our keys and miscellaneous junk. She picked up the AC/DC CD that Erik made for Uncle Bruce and walked around the house with that for a while. But when I said "can you put the CD back and bring my Blackberry and keys to me", I turned around and there she was in her khaki colored "trench coat", gold bracelet, keys and Blackberry. And the CD was back in the bowl.
And when I read a library book to her last week just one time, the next time we read it, she made all of the same gestures and comments that I did the first time I read the book. So as I read it to her (for the 500th time) last night it went a little like this:
It was bedtime and 5 little monkeys said good night to their mama
Maggie: MAMA!
And Five Little Monkeys jumped on the bed
One fell off and bumped her head
Maggie: OH NO!
Mama called the doctor
Maggie: Hello DaDa (Doctor)
And the Doctor Said...
Maggie shakes her finger and says NO NO
NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!
So now if I say no to her I get the finger shake. It's pretty cute...as long as she's not mocking me. Which I think she might be...but it's still cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment