My name is Maggie...
Some of you call me Moo...
But I am here to tell you
I have the Ba-a-a-by Blues...
Maggie has added a new instrument to her repertoire. After mastering the xylophone, maraca and bongo she has moved onto wind instruments...the harmonica. The old blues harp. She's pretty good too. I thought she was a regular Matthew McCounaghey on the bongos, now she's like John Popper to the harmonica...and don't even get me started on her dancing.
We keep it in the car now and it's funny when all of a sudden she'll belt out a few notes, then put it carefully next to her just in case the mood strikes her again. Every other toy in the car she throws in utter disregard when she is done with it, but not the harmonica. It is always within arms reach. It's especially adorable when, in the middle of a rif, she'll say "ALRIGHT!" and then continue to play.
Alright is the word du jour. At first I couldn't figure out where she learned it until I paid attention to the words I say to her. Alright has got to be the most overused word in my vocabulary and I had no idea. Now even if I tried to stop I'm not sure I could.
We're also trying to (ahem...brainwash)...teach her to say "OBAMA" and she hasn't quite mastered it yet, but I'm almost happier with her version - "Oh-mama". And if we ask her to say Obama Mama she says Oh-mamamama.
So Maggie, why don't you break it down for us a little...
That's right, I got the Ba-a-a-by Blues....
ALRIGHT! Go Oh-mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment