Monday, March 2, 2009

SNOW DAY!!

Aren't Monday snow days the best? Although, I'd much rather have the day start out by hearing on the radio when the alarm goes off "EVERYTHING'S CLOSED TODAY (go back to bed)"...but our morning started off with actually going to daycare to find it closed and then going to my work to find out it also was closed. So Maggie and I got to do a round trip drive to school/work and back home again. Oh well...

The good news is, we are home today and on the agenda is PLAY, PLAY and more PLAY. The first hour of the morning consisted of me sitting on the step ("mommy, SIT DOWN") with Maggie's stickers while she went back and forth from the bathroom to me asking for one more sticker and each time in between she would point at me saying "be right back". After about 20 stickers I asked her to show me what she was doing. She unveiled her masterpiece - an entire Dora potty adorned with stickers. And she did it so neatly, you have to pick up the seat of the potty to see it. I have to admit I was a little nervous to see what my bathroom was going to look like when she was done but figured it was harmless no matter what.

Next...3 slices of cheese for a snack. Seems like a lot huh? Not until you add in the mac n cheese for lunch. The way she has been teething lately though I'm just happy she's eating so don't judge me!

Next...an episode of Lazytown. And miraculously Maggie let me hold her ("hold you?") for the whole show, it doesn't get much better than that. Until she got down, looked at me and said "no more hold you"...and rubbed my leg apparently to console me.

Maggie is napping right now but the best part of the day is still yet to come. We are going to build our first snowman. I'm sure it will be one of those things that sounds so fun in the planning stages but turns into a tantrum towards the end (me that is).

No comments: