Tuesday, February 12, 2008

OCD?

Just one more thing that Maggie seems to have inherited from her dad...OCD behavior! Can't she get anything from me...preferably my laid back attitude? Let's recap the recent events that lead me to this conclusion:

* At Gramma and Pap's the other night, she was sitting on the floor with the diaper bag next to her All of a sudden she became obsessed with taking a wash cloth out of the bag, wiping the floor in front of her, putting the cloth back in the bag and repeating these steps over and over and over and over... It was as if she was cleaning the floors and kept dunking the cloth into the water bucket. So either she's obsessive or the daycare workers are actually wicked step-sisters and she's Cinderella by day. I can definitely confirm she is not mimicking this behavior from me!

* When there are too many toys in her bath when she gets in, she gets very angry and kicks them until I take them out and put them on the side of the bathtub. She eventually brings each toy back into the bath, but on HER TERMS!

* If there is something round and ball-like in front of her, she must kick it. This might be stretching it to call it OCD behavior, Erik and I just choose to call her a soccer prodigy. But it's a little difficult when you want her to sit down and she refuses to bend at the waist if there is anything "kick-able" in her sights.

I can't think of any other examples so maybe self-diagnosing her with OCD is a little presumptive...I declare her cured! But if she starts making sure the change in my car is heads up I think I need to have an intervention.

No comments: