Monday, February 4, 2008

Slow down...

I try to make the mornings seem non-stressful for Maggie so they go a little more smoothly. Even if I'm going crazy rushing inside my head, I never let her see me sweat...somehow it all seems easier when it at least feels like we are on her schedule. While I was bundling her up for getting into a cold car this morning, I sang "Itsy Bitsy Spider" to her. She immediately gave me the biggest smile and kept looking at me like "you know that song too?" Pap sings it to her...maybe she was impresssed that I knew something that Pap did.

This morning I could not figure out why no matter what I did Maggie would cry. Changing her diaper, her clothes, feeding her, all resulted in the same reaction - WAAAAHHHH!!! I had to repeat my mantra in my head...slow down, no stress...I stopped what we were doing, held her in my arms and sang itsy bitsy spider to her. She gave me a few "eh's?" and was perfect for the rest of the morning.

My baby that doesn't like to cuddle just wanted to cuddle!

No comments: