Ever since Babycenter told me that my baby may start becoming attached to a certain object I have become mildly obsessed with this. I don't know why, maybe because I had a blanket I could not sleep without when I was young, but I want Maggie to become attached to something.
When she was about 5 months old I thought it was her stuffed bunny so I brought it to daycare to put in her crib and hopefully help her with napping. I swore we would need to buy 2 more of them just in case one went missing but I soon found out that she did not care about that bunny, it ended up in her basket at daycare and she never missed it.
Everytime she holds onto a toy for more than a millisecond I hold out hope that this is the attachment I've been waiting for only to see her throw it in a basket in total disregard. I also used to think she had to have a certain kind of binky (mainly because they just looked nicer to me) but I have recently found out that she could care less what it looks like...it can be the Steelers binky, the tiny infant one, whatever, as long as she can suck on it, she's happy.
My child is not attached to anything. I should be happy with this right? That makes her low maintenance, an easy going, go with the flow type of kid right?
I have been conducting a little experiment over the last month though and I think I might have found an attachment. When I put her to sleep I put a green blanket in her crib that she likes to cuddle up to and usually have a hand-knitted blanket hanging over the side. Every morning the 2nd blanket ends up in her crib and she uses one as a pillow and one that she hugs. Now of course I'm stressed that we'll lose one of these blankets. We better find a back up pronto!
On a different subject, Maggie showed me who was boss at The Cheesecake Factory last night. She was holding her sippy cup precariously over the side of her high chair so I tried to take it from her to avoid her dropping it on the floor for the 87th time. She bellowed a blood curdling scream and ripped it from my hand (this scream is fairly new and is awful) so I let go. She then dropped the sippy cup on the floor and looks me right in the eye and says "UHHHH-OHHHH". Her future teenage years flashed right in front of my eyes in that moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment