It's the eve of my favorite time of year. I have been on the edge of my seat in anticipation all day today because, yes, Herndon Live starts tomorrow. Not only for me does this mean the kick off of FESTIVAL SEASON which translates to FUNNEL CAKE SEASON which translates to finding all of the weight I recently lost just in time for bathing suit season, but it means we are finally done with winter, we can finally be outside for longer than the time it takes us to run from the door to the car, we can get some sun (yes, I know, I'll still have the same fair skin in July but it will be one shade darker...just enough for me to notice), we can get OUT OF THIS HOUSE!
So Maggie...get ready...because you are in for quite a summer. Do you think you can stay up past 7:00? Trust me, you will want to. You are going to be in kid heaven tomorrow.
I hope that someday you look back on summer nights like this and feel like a kid again no matter how old you are. I know I do...it didn't matter that your Gramma and Pap took me to see Dionne Warwick and Mac Davis at Wolftrap...I have great memories of being outside with music in the background, picnics on a blanket on a warm summer night. Sorry Mom and Dad...but it is slightly embarrassing to admit my first concert was Dionne Warwick.
So sleep well tonight my dear because we have some funnel cake to eat tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment