Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Be Careful What You Blah Blah Blah

Yep, everyone told me - don't rush Maggie walking, all she'll want to do is walk away from you. Enjoy the now, they grow up too fast...blah blah blah.

Of course I didn't listen. Not that it would have mattered if I did.

Maggie is a walking machine and she is wearing me out! We went to Herndon Live last weekend and rather than walk around our little picnic area we set up each week as she usually does, all she wanted to do was leave our little safe haven for bigger pastures. She's down the sidewalk before you can say funnel cake and is not looking back.

She discovered the stairs recently and as of last night that is all she wants to do - climb the stairs and squeal when she thinks you're chasing her up them. There is nothing cuter than watching those little legs climb stairs but when she reaches the top she'll just turn around as if she can walk right down them. And no matter how much I demonstrate the crawl down on your tummy technique she would much rather you grab her hands and help her jump down each step as she laughs hysterically. I guess I found my new workout.

Apparently last night she thought we just put her down for a nap at 7 PM because at 8 she's banging on her crib (her signal that she's awake from a nap) incessantly. We go in to check on her and she's "reading" her book and looks up at us like "hi guys, what's up?". So we give in and let her walk around upstairs until she wore herself out.

And was she reading this blog or what? She is now thoroughly attached to the biggest, heaviest blanket we own. Why was I obsessed with her becoming attached to something? Maybe because I thought it would be something reasonably sized like a stuffed animal or small blanket. But no, Maggie now tries walking around the house with a blanket that weighs as much as she does and is twice her size so she trips and can't fit through doorways which of course ends up in frustration. The only way to distract her from it when we left for daycare the other day was to give her my Blackberry which then resulted in prying it from her tiny little hands as I left her there...crying.

I am going off to bed now (crazy, I know, it's 9:40) because I am t-i-r-e-d...did I mention I got home at 6 and she went to bed at 7? 1 hour and I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

Crawdaddye said...

No doubt. I wish she would have become attached to the AIDS quilt that covered the National Mall, because it would have been smaller than what she is attached to now.