Monday, February 2, 2009

Proud

I had a conversation today that every parent wants to have. The "your child is advanced" one from her daycare teacher. And, no, I will never be that mom that writes Christmas letters about how wonderful and perfect my child is, but it is nice to hear that kind of praise from someone who sees kids her same age all day long. When you're only around your own child all day, of COURSE she's advanced!

Maggie's vocabulary has been amazing lately and to watch her put sentences together is fascinating. Tonight in particular was priceless...trying to say "Mommy, hotdog is hot" basically turned into "hot hot hot", but I got her point. Then after that we had to sit at the table for an extra half hour so she could buckle and un-buckle the straps on her high chair. It is fascinating how a toddler learns with practice, practice and more practice and sometimes I guess that has to mean you sit at the dinner table for an hour for them to master the task du jour.

But the best part of every evening is when she gives me a hug and pats my back as I'm taking her to bed, sort of like she's saying "it's ok that I'm going to bed mommy, you'll see me tomorrow".

How sweet!

No comments: