Little Miss Maggie,
It is the eve of your first birthday. Last year at this time we knew that in exactly 12 hours I would be induced and approximately 5 hours after that you would be ours. There was no chance of falling asleep that night and you don't even know that tonight you are supposed to be so excited that you cannot fall asleep either.
You have no idea what that extra squeeze in your goodnight hug meant tonight. In that blink of a moment I was reliving the 8 heart-wrenching years of trying to have you and then the moment when we found out that we could...we would. And the moment you were born and (cliche moment here) we stared at each other for the first time, finally.
You have no idea what a miracle you are to us. That when you are playing all by yourself with some obvious purpose that I just stare at you in awe. That when I go in to check on you at night I almost cry at the sweetness of your little body, little butt sticking up in the air and the little sounds of your peaceful breathing.
And I'll apologize now for all of my imperfections because I certainly don't pretend to know everything (you'll hear a lot of "Google it" from me when you ask difficult questions I promise) and I certainly don't pretend to be a perfect mother (maybe I shouldn't have shared my Slurpee with you this afternoon and then my ice cream sandwich an hour later) but just know you are always going to be my perfect little one.
Happy Birthday Maggie Moo.
Love,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This one actually brought a tear to my eye. I am so extremely happy for you guys. sherry
Post a Comment