Monday, May 12, 2008

Ollayu

Maggie pulled out all the stops yesterday. She was the opposite of the kid on our anniversary. It makes me wonder...did she read my last blog or did she just instinctively know it was Mother's Day?

She did not run away from me when I tried to change her diaper...


She did not scream at me when I tried to do an art project with her...




She was a perfect little angel all weekend long...




We met the family at Benihana for dinner on Saturday. Maggie loves waiters and we thought an entertaining chef at the table would be exactly what would keep her attention so we could enjoy a nice dinner. And we were right, the pseudo-Asian aka Hispanic chef fascinated her...she sat there mesmerized while shoveling handful after handful of rice in her mouth. And in between bites she did her silent cheer/shake your arms as hard as you can dance to everyone across the table. Pure happiness.

But for the most exciting part of the weekend....she....are you ready for this...WALKED!!

Yes, Maggie officially walked on Mother's Day. What a gift, I couldn't have asked for anything more. She had been taking steps here and there in the days leading up to it but she really started to feel comfortable taking steps on Sunday. Or at least I choose to believe that. It's more poetic that way.


Her first test of her new skills was to walk up to the gate that Daddy just installed and shake it with all of her might. Apparently Maggie did not get the memo that anything that Daddy built, installed, hung, repaired, etc. we walk near very gingerly. When you put a towel on a towel rack in our house, you do not give it an extra tug...when you straighten a picture on the wall you barely touch it...you just never know how secure it really is. But I think the gate may have passed the safety test; Maggie gave it her seal of approval.


And to top it off, when I was putting her to bed last night I told her to give Daddy a kiss goodnight and she gave him a kiss and said "OLLAYU". And if that is not I love you I don't know what is!


Thank you Maggie for making my 2nd Mother's day the 2nd best ever. Now if you would give ME those kisses and say OLLAYU to ME once in a while we'd be golden. But just hearing it is good enough for me...for now....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, it's Melissa. I'm sure Sherry has told you I'm an avid reader of your blog and can relate to most of your Maggie stories. Just wanted to let you know I love reading them so keep them coming!

Moosmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moosmom said...

Hi Melissa!
I'm so glad you're enjoying them...when I first starting writing I couldn't imagine anyone but me being interested but figured I was having fun doing it and hopefully will be fun for Maggie to look back on someday. It's a bonus when someone else reads them :)

We'll have to get the girls together soon...they are so close in age it would be fun to see them interact!