We went to Delaware this weekend to visit Pop Pop and Abuela. It's been a while since we have taken Maggie on a trip so it was a mystery to us how she would do. She was a perfect little angel the whole time. She ate well, played well, napped well but didn't seem to want to sleep through the night well.
Erik and I both have bad colds so we have little patience for the getting up every hour so we usually cave in and let her sleep in bed with us when she's fussy at night. Since the guest bed was only a full size, Erik slept in another guest room while Maggie slept with me. Now when Maggie wants someone's attention she usually will stare at that person for a while and when she does not get a reaction she goes "eh?" until she gets the attention she so desires. At 1 AM, I hear this little voice going "eh?" "eh?"...I pretended not to hear her but how can you ignore a sweet little voice like that? I open my eyes and Maggie is staring at me, eyes wide open, smiling. I whisper "go to sleep" and she obliges. At 3 AM I hear "eh?" "eh?"...open my eyes, she smiles, I say "go to sleep" and she obliges. This happened once or twice more and I can't say for sure that she ever actually slept that night but she let me sleep which is why I say she was a perfect little angel!
Maggie's Aunt Sarah was also there and brought her dog, Ella. Ella is a very tall goldendoodle which concerned me a little that Maggie might be intimidated by her. She was not, in fact, she was very intrigued by Ella. Ella would come up to Maggie and lick her face and Maggie would just give her a look like "go away, dog" but then 5 seconds later she'd be staring at her giving her the "eh?".
Overall we had a very nice time...good food, good company and good baby. That's what I like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment