Friday, January 25, 2008

She's Italian!!

My friend Lindsay just posted on her blog how her daughter will not eat anything wet. Well, Maggie will not eat anything dry or solid (her motto is, if it isn't pureed it's crap) . I have tried giving her broken up cheerios, sweet potato puffs, ground up meat but each time she acts as if I have forced her to inhale a grape and actually dry heaves until you take it out of her mouth. Did I mention she is slightly dramatic? I can't imagine WHO she gets that from.

So imagine my surprise when, while sitting on Gramma's lap at Maggiano's the other night, she happily ate multiple bites of gnocchi in vodka marinara sauce. So, what is it that she likes the pasta? The tomato sauce? The VODKA??? It was a monumental step for her though. Until now, she has been all about the pureed peas, carrots, apples and pears, etc. My little girl is branching out.

Now shortly after eating the gnocchi, she devoured 2 entire lemon wedges and would have probably eaten the entire lemon if I had one. I tasted the lemon afterward to see if somehow I just had given her a not-very-tart lemon, but, no, it was as tart as it gets!

So it seems my little girl likes her Vodka with lemon...

No comments: